Please read these carefully and then sign the accompanying Permissions and Consent form to confirm your agreement and cooperation.
Being outdoors is the safest place to have children playing and having fun, however, we still need to take precautions. To help minimise the possibility of Covid infection we will be working to the following guidelines and need full cooperation from all parents and carers sending children to our Day Camp.
Please be assured we will do our best to be sensitive and low-key in the way we communicate with your children about these precautions. Everything is in place to keep them safe, not make them anxious.
· You must not send your children to the camp if they, or a member of their household or support bubble has the Covid-19 virus, suspects they may have it, is showing any possible symptoms or is still within the official isolation/quarantine phase as set out in official UK government guidance.
· Children will have their temperature taken when they arrive at Camp. If a child has a high temperature, they will not be allowed to attend the Camp.
· We will be asking parents to stay in cars at drop off and collection time.
· Camp numbers will be less than previous years to make physical
distancing easier. Children will be split into two groups and spend the whole day with that group of children. Once in a group we cannot swap a child. The two groups will interact at a safe distance, for example in some team games, but not closely.
· We will plan for and encourage children to maintain social distancing according to guidelines in place at the time (looking likely at time of writing to be 1m distance) wherever possible. However, parents/carers do need to recognise we’re working with children who sometimes forget so we cannot guarantee this happens 100% of the time.
· We will provide hand washing facilities and hand sanitiser and will be reminding children to wash and sanitise their hands frequently – please ensure they know this and understand it’s important to cooperate.
· We will provide refill stations for water bottles – please ensure your child brings a clearly labelled bottle and understands they mustn’t share it with friends.
· We will provide snacks as usual but this year they will all be pre-wrapped and/or pre-washed (eg bananas & wrapped bars). Please provide a packed lunch as usual and again, ensure children know not to share with friends.
· Equipment will be carefully cleaned at regular intervals throughout the day.
· We will continue to monitor government guidance and act accordingly, in the best interests of your children.